Saturday, March 20, 2010

What's a girl to do?

What are you supposed to do when your undergraduate school is playing your graduate school (ranked #1) in the NCAA tournament? You bite your nails and cheer for your first love!



I never watch basketball, expect for tonight. The Panthers played KU and actually won! It was so exciting and I'm sure there is a huge celebration in Cedar Falls tonight. I did feel torn though-excited for the history that my alma mater made tonight, but bummed that a team with such a great season lost. My thoughts are with KU players tonight. It was a close game and to most people around the country, it was just a game. I'm sure the players feel much different, though, tonight. I do, however, know who I'm cheering for the rest of the tournament-I may even make an effort to watch the games. I guess that shows where my loyalty does lie, I wouldn't have tracked KU until the final game :)


Hail our Panthers, we are ever loyal,
Showing our strength and unity.
As we rise, we firmly stand behind you,
Urge you on to victory.
Rah! Rah! Rah!
As you lead us on to fame and honor,
Fight! Fight! Fight! will be our cry.
So, give us a yell, Ho! the purple and the gold,
Victory for UNI!

No comments:

Post a Comment